WATCH PROMO VIDEO
- More than 50 million Americans have admitted using prescription drugs for non-medical reasons.
National Survey on Drug Use and Health
- More fatal medication errors occur at home than in hospitals.
Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 168, no. 14
- Seven of the top 10 drugs abused by U.S. high school seniors were prescribed or purchased over-the-counter.
on Drug Abuse
- The overall death rate from fatal medication errors rose by 360% between 1983 and 2004.
The costs and dangers in the medicine cabinet.
Almost 4 billion prescription drugs are dispensed every year and many Americans take five or more drugs a day. With all those prescription and over-the-counter drugs circulating, it’s not surprising that accidental overdoses, drug addiction and drug misuse are on the rise* and employers are experiencing increased health care costs and decreased productivity.
* Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
About Be Smart Be Well Works
Be Smart. Be Well. Works
provides resources to help you manage the risks associated with prescription and over-the-counter drug use and abuse by your employees. Here, you can also get practical tools to help your workforce get the most from an educational employee website, Be Smart. Be Well. Drug Safety.